Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 in 10 Positive Daily Affirmation Day 5

Day 5, Week 1
Yes, I need to find a job that pays my bills and gets me out of this dark aybss of finanical bullshit my excursion to Utah slapped me with. However...while I am losing sleep and getting more and more gray hair because of this dark aybss of finanical bullshit, leaving the school system and cooking really enflamed my passion for cooking and baking.

Why should I deem myself to be a chisel when I could be the artist? ~ Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

According to WiseGeek, a chisel is "a metal tool which has a sharp beveled edge designed for cutting, gouging, and shaping...Some artisans view chisels as their most important tools, and they take excellent care of them as a result.

I have always done well in my work. Focused, determined, and a work-a-holic, I have never had any problem "cutting, gouging, and shaping" in order to meet the goal - whatever the goal was - when working with like-minded professionals. But, where has it gotten me. Everyone else gets credit for my behind the scenes work (which is fine to a point). I don't need to get open recognition, but don't push me to the side, either. Chiseling, while bringing success, has also brought tire tracks on my back, and endless feelings of emptiness and bewilderment.

An artist is someone who creates, right? A person who creates using experiences, emotion, imagination, tradition, and…passion.

Cooking brings that out in me. Specifically? Baking. I think about it 24/7. I love working to create sweet happiness for people. I adore like the details....the mini-desserts/confections, the decorative accents, the fondant/gumpaste, etc. It kills me that I didn't start out in culinary. But, positive....positive affirmation....I will continue to blog, bake, and create ...and hope that prayers are answered some way, some how...and I can make a living full time doing what I truly love down to my core.

No comments: